RECENT POSTS

5 April 2013

Basil Pesto Recipe. DIY

 How to Make Fresh Pesto? It is not so difficult. I made Pesto for the first time and it was delicious.

Ingredients
1-2  cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped 
1 handful peanuts (the best are pine nuts)
90 g grated Parmesan 
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper



 Method
If you are using peanuts instead of pine nuts and they are not already chopped, pulse them a few times first, before adding the basil.
1-2 cloves the garlic with a little pinch of salt and the basil leaves in a pestle and mortar. Add the peanuts to the mixture and mortar again. Next  add half the Parmesan. Stir and add olive oil. You need just enough to bind the sauce and get it to an oozy consistency. Season to taste, then add  the remaining cheese. Pour in more oil and taste again. Keep adding a bit more oil until you are happy with the taste and consistency. 

 Serve with pasta, or spread over toasted baguette slices.
You can use it anytime you want to add the fresh taste of summer to your meals.





Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. ja najbardziej lubię pesto pod świeżymi pomidorami na kanapce :) mmm...

    zazdroszczę łatwego dostępu do pini ;> mi teściowa zapas z Anglii teraz przywiozła :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Powiem Ci, że mieszkam w Szkocji no i cena niezła, w Holandii to było tanie ;-)

      Delete
  2. Mmm, never had pesto made with pine nuts. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pesto :) I need to make one myself some day soon. Stopping by from the Meet Me Mondays Blog Hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same pestle and mortar set! ;) I love basil pesto and yours look like it turned out great!

    I hope you will link up your recipes with me at http://aroomfortwowithaview.com/recipes/simple-sunday-pot-roast/ for my TGIF Blog Hop!

    This is my first week, but it will happen every week here on out. I'd love to see you there!

    Have a great weekend!

    Melissa
    My recent post Simple Sunday Pot Roast for my TGIF Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

© Be Creative Mummy / UK lifestyle Blog / Crafts | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig